2011 National Fusarium Head Blight Forum
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch
St. Louis, Missouri
In December 2011, the USWBSI will hold its annual conference, the 2011 National Fusarium Head Blight Forum. It will be held at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch in St. Louis, Missouri. The Forum is an integral component of the U.S. Wheat & Barley Scab Initiative. Growers and grower group representatives, millers and other food processors, consumers, and scientists (public and private) are all encouraged to attend.
Please check back periodically for updated information.
The Forum will begin at 1:00 pm on Sunday, December 4, and end at 12:00 pm on Tuesday, December 6. The program will consist of speaker and poster sessions, and focused group discussions. A draft of the full program should be available in late August or early September. Please check back frequently for updated information.
|Session 1:||Variety Development and Host Resistance (VDHR) - Sunday PM, 12/4|
|Session 2:||Pathogen Biology and Genetics (PBG) - Monday AM, 12/5|
|Session 3:||Gene Discovery and Engineering Resistance (GDER) - Monday AM, 12/5|
|Session 4:||Food Safety, Toxicology, and Utilization of Mycotoxin-contaminated Grain (FSTU) - Tuesday AM, 12/6|
|Session 5:||FHB Management (MGMT) - Tuesday AM, 12/6|
|VDHR:||Sunday PM (12/4)|
|PBG and GDER:||Monday AM (12/5)|
|FSTU and MGMT:||Monday PM (12/5)|
|Steering Committee:||Tuesday PM (12/6)|
|National Wheat Improvement Committee:||Wednesday (12/7), 8 AM - 5 PM|
Click here to view the Forum program. Final
The registration fee (US$135.00; US$175.00 after November 7) is handled in conjunction with the on-line registration process (i.e. not through the hotel). Advanced registration is REQUIRED. The registration fee includes the following:
- Forum materials including one copy of the Forum proceedings; and
- Refreshment Breaks and the following Meals:
- Sunday, 12/4 - Dinner
- Monday, 12/5 - Breakfast and Lunch
- Tuesday, 12/6 - Breakfast
To register for the 2011 National FHB Forum, click here.
The Forum will be held at the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch, 315 N. Chestnut St. Participants are responsible for making (and paying for) their own reservations directly with the hotel using a credit card, and are guaranteed special room rates (see rates below) between the dates of November 28 - December 11.
$79.00+tax/night for singles and doubles
For more information on room types and amenities, click here.
These low room rates are based upon the expectation that Forum participants will stay at this hotel. Hotel reservations must be made by Monday, November 14th. After November 14th, the rooms that have been held for the Forum participants will be released (including special rate), and sold on a first come first serve basis.
To Make Hotel Reservations:
- Via Web (recommended method): Click here to make your reservations on-line. Once you have opened the Hotel's Website, select 'Attendee' from drop down menu on the left and enter your arrival and departure dates, etc. and then click 'Search'.
- Via Phone: Call the hotel at 1-888-421-1442 . Inform the reservations agent that you wish to make the reservation under the 'USWBSI' group for the '2011 National FHB Forum' (the 'event'). This will ensure that your reservation is booked under our group with the special room rate.
NOTE: If you are quoted a different rate please contact the organizers.
Traveling to the Forum
The Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch is approximately 15 miles from the Lambert - St. Louis International Airport (STL).
- Airport Shuttle: We have negotiated a discounted rate of $32.00/round trip with GO BEST Express (www.gobestexpress.com) for round-trip shuttle service to/from the Lambert - St. Louis International Airport (STL) and the Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch. However, reservations MUST be made online before 11:59 p.m. on November 23, 2011 Walk-ups will not be eligible for convention rate. Click here to make your shuttle reservation. In the gray box where it says enter your convention, group or corporate booking ID, enter "FHB" and begin your reservation to reserve a seat. The discounted convention rate of $17 one way per person or $32 roundtrip per person is offered only if booked at the same time before reservation cutoff. Credit cards are required and charged at the time of reservation. For more information, please click here.
- Metro Link: St. Louis has a train (MetroLink) that runs from the Airport to downtown St. Louis. The fare is only $2.25 (one way) and has a stop (8th & Pine) four blocks from the hotel. Upon exiting the metro stop at 8th and Pine, head south (towards the Arch) on N. 8th St. Turn left onto Pine St., then right on N. 4th St., and finally left on Chestnut St. The Hyatt Regency at the Arch is at 315 N. Chestnut St.
- By Car: The Hyatt Regency St. Louis at the Arch is located downwown at 315 Chestnut Street. To obtain driving directions using Google Maps, click here.
International Travel Information
International attendees, apply early for your visa as it could take up to 3-4 months to receive a visa. Click here for visa information. If you need a letter of invitation in order to obtain your visa, please contact the Networking and Facilitation Office. Make sure you have registered for the Forum prior to requesting a letter.
Forum participants can report research results in one of the following formats: 1) poster plus associated paper; 2) poster with an associated abstract; or 3) stand-alone paper. There is no limit to the number of poster abstracts or papers submitted by one author. Please click here for more information on the submission of poster/papers for the 2011 National FHB Forum.
The Proceedings, which will be available prior to the start of the Forum, are not meant to act as a formal scientific reference but rather as a means of increasing communication both during and after the Forum. Readers will be informed that reproduction or referencing of reports can only occur with the author's permission. Although one copy of the proceedings is included with the registration fee, additional copies may be purchased on-line.
Cancellations made on or before November 7th will receive a full refund. Cancellations received after November 7th will receive a partial refund (Registration fee -$20.00 USD). No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after November 16th.
If your company or organization is interested in sponsoring a portion of the Forum, please contact the USWBSI's Networking & Facilitation office (contact information listed below). Recognition will be given both during the Forum and in the Forum proceedings. Click on sponsor's logo to access their designated Website.
Sponsors as of 09/21/11:
Amercian Malting Barley Association
Minnesota Wheat Research
South Dakota Wheat Commission
|Oct. 31st:||Deadline for registration of Posters/Papers/Abstracts.|
|Nov. 4th:||Deadline for the submission of abstract and paper content for the Forum proceedings.|
|Nov. 7th:||Deadline for Early Registration (Fee: US$135.00)
Last day to receive full refund.
|Nov. 8th:||Late registration begins (Fee: US$175.00)|
|Nov. 14th:||Last day to reserve hotel room with guaranteed availability and rate.|
|Nov. 16th:||Last day to receive partial refund.|
|Nov. 23rd:||Registration closes.|
- Explore St. Louis: The Official Convention and Visitors Bureau Site for St. Louis, MO.
- Tour St. Louis
- St. Louis Attractions
- Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tours
- Schafley Brewery Tours
If you have any questions regarding the 2011 National Fusarium Head Blight Forum, please contact the Networking and Facilitation Office at 517-355-0271 ext. 1183 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailing address listed below:
ATTN: Susan Canty
USWBSI´s Networking & Facilitation Office
380 Plant and Soil Sciences Building
East Lansing, MI 48824-1325