Press Releases |
On-Line Articles |
News Archive |
- Wheat scab widespread after wet Pennsylvania spring (7/29/03)
- The USWBSI Steering Committee met on Thursday, May 30, 2002, in Chicago, IL. The meeting was held at the Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare/Kennedy (773-693-2323) near O'Hare airport. MINUTES (PDF)
- January 2002: ARS receives the Initiative's recommendation for FY02 funding.
- December 8-10, 2001: 2001 National Fusarium Head Blight Forum held at the Holiday Inn - Cincinnati Airport, Erlanger KY
- January 2001: ARS receives the Initiative's recommendation for FY01 funding.
- News Release 12/23/99: National Research Initiative Reports Progress on Scab
- December 10-12, 2000: 2000 National Fusarium Head Blight Forum held at the Holiday Inn - Cincinnati Airport, Erlanger KY.
- December 5-7, 1999: 1999 National Fusarium Head Blight Forum held in Sioux Falls, SD. ARS receives the Initiative's recommendation for FY00 funding.
- FY2000 Ag Appropriations bill was passed allocating an additional $1.8M to the Initiative's budget. This increase brings the Initiative's budget to $5.3M for FY00
- October 15, 1999: Due date for the first submission of FY00 proposals
- September 15, 1999: FY99 Progress Reports are completed by recipients of the 1999 funds
- Spring 1999: ARS funds are dispersed to Principal Investigators
- Press release text 11/6/98
- October 28, 1998: ARS works to finalize plans for rapid deployment of monies
- October 26-27, 1998: National Scab Forum, ARS receives the Initiative's recommendation for FY99 funding
- October 25, 1998: East Lansing MI-Full Initiative Steering Committee endorses the research plan
- October 24, 1998: East Lansing MI-Initiative executive committee unanimously endorses a research plan and budget
- FY99 Appropriations Bill
- October 20, 1998: President signs ominbus bill.
- October 20, 1998: Senate passes H.R. 2348, the Ominbus appropriations bill with $3.0M additional funds for the scab initiative
- October 6, 1998: House/Senate ag approps bill sent to President (includes language increasing funding for the initiative to $3.5M for FY99)
- Ag appropriations conference report includes added $3M, October 1, 1998
- National Scab Initiative steering committee meeting held September 23, 1998
- Executive committee formed to facilitate planning and communication
- House and Senate both report out appropriation bills specifying additional $3M for initiative
- Secretary Glickman releases additional $ 200 k to Initiative, June '98
- National Scab Initiative steering committee meeting held March 3, 1998
- First national scab forum, Minn. MN, Nov 98.
- Initiative expanded to embrace national scope
- $1M added to scab research in FY99 ag approps bill
- $500K for Scab initiative, core ARS budget
- ARS releases $200K end of year funds for scab research (9/97)
USWBSI funding is awarded through Federal funds appropriated to the Agricultural Research Service.